- I need to share an asset with another developer on my team.
- I would like to consolidate all of my Asset Store purchases into one Unity account.
- I have purchased assets on an ex-employee's account and need to move the assets to a central account.
- I purchased an asset on the wrong Unity ID.
- I have purchased an asset for ‘Multi-entity’ use. How do I give my colleagues access to this asset?
There are a few reasons why you may wish to move assets between accounts, whether for administrative or personal reasons. For security reasons, asset purchases are attached to the purchasing account so it is not possible to transfer them.
Since Asset Store purchases are bound to the purchasing account, it is not possible to transfer them between Unity ID accounts.
A work around would be to invite the relevant person who requires access to the purchased asset to the Organization that the asset is tied too. Once this person is on the same Organization that the asset was purchased under, they will then have access to it. See the Knowledge Base article 'How do I assign asset seats?'.
Please note: any assets purchased before May 12, 2020 will not appear under the Asset Management section of your Organization.
If you have assets purchased prior to May 12, 2020 that you would like converted to the Asset Management system, please contact Customer Service. We can convert your old asset purchases so you can manage the entitlement to these assets yourself. Free assets cannot be managed via the Asset Management system or converted.
If instead you would rather have this asset associated with a different Unity ID, you will need to reach out to the publisher of the asset directly for a refund (publisher contact information can be found on their asset store page, click the publisher name in the top right). Refunds are at a publishers discretion.