- I would like to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license.
- I am the Owner or Manager of my Unity Organization.
- I have received the error: "Serial Is Not Assigned To You, Please Contact The Owner Of The Organization".
- My company has purchased a Unity subscription, but I have not received a license key.
The ability to use a license is controlled by Seats. This is the system that Unity has used since June 2016. Seats must be assigned to users by the Owner or Manager of their Unity Organization in order for them to activate Unity.
License keys are generated per Unity ID once a user is assigned a seat. As such, one license key will work for the user assigned the seat but will not be valid for use by another Unity ID.
- Sign in to your Unity account on the main site.
- Click 'Organizations' to the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Organization which is linked to the subscription you would like to assign the seats under.
- Click the cog icon to the right of your Unity subscription to manage it.
- On the following page, you will be able to see how many Seats are 'Available/Pending' in that specific Organization. Click the 'Manage Seats' button.
- Under the 'Manage seats' tab you will be able to assign seats to users by clicking the box to the left of the name/ email address and clicking the blue 'Assign seat(s)' button.
Please note: The user will need to be invited to join the Organization by the Owner in order to have a seat assigned. To do this, follow the steps outlined in the article 'How do I invite a new User/Member to my Organization?'.
- Each user will then receive an email containing their Unity license key.
To make someone a Manager in your Organization, please see the article How do I invite a new User/Member to my Organization?.
A user can bring a Pro Seat of the Editor with them when collaborating on a Project for another Organization, but not the Services as they are tied to the purchasing Organization. That is to say, Services can only be used on Projects owned by their purchasing Organization.