- I would like to know what the Unity Asset Store is.
- Where do I find assets to buy?
- How do I purchase an asset on the Asset Store?
The Unity Asset Store is home to a growing library of free and commercial assets created both by Unity Technologies and also members of the community.
A wide variety of assets are available, covering everything from textures, models and animations, to whole project examples, tutorials and Extension Assets.
The content available on the Asset Store helps to improve your project, game or application and reduce the workload needed to create tools or models from scratch.
The assets are purchased on the Asset Store website and can be added into your projects using the Package Manager, within the Editor.
To browse and purchase assets on the Asset Store, follow these steps:
- Go to the Unity Asset Store.
- Search for the asset you are looking for using the Search for assets box. Alternatively, browse the categories using the drop down menus at the top of the page.
- Once you have found the asset you are looking to purchase, select the asset to view the product details and click Add to Cart.
- Click Checkout to be taken to the payment stage.
- Complete all required fields and enter your payment details. Click to agree to the terms on the right and click Pay now to complete the order. If you have a discount code or coupon, this must be entered into the box, before confirming the order.
After completing the order, you will receive a confirmation email with an invoice attached showing the purchase details.
As of Editor version 2020.1, the Asset Store window is no longer present in the Editor, so you must use the store page itself.
If you are using Editor a previous version of the Editor, follow these steps:
- Open the Editor.
- Click Window > Asset Store. The Asset Store window will now be added to your current view. Alternatively, press Command + 9 (Mac) or Ctrl + 9 (Windows).
- Click into the Asset Store tab to view the store window.
You can browse the store and complete your purchase using the Asset Store window within the Editor, by following the same steps as the browser based version, explained above.
If you have any trouble with your purchase, see the article 'My Credit Card was not accepted on the Asset Store. How can I make a payment?'.
Once you've successfully completed your purchase, see the article How do I download an asset I have purchased?.
Here are some other useful articles: