- I have been asked by Unity support to provide an Editor.log file or Hub log file.
- Unity Support requires a log file to investigate my activation error.
- I do not know where the log file is.
You are receiving an error whilst attempting to activate Unity and the Support Team has requested a log file so they can investigate further.
You are experiencing issues launching the Unity Hub or Editor.
You can find the log files in the directories below. (If the files are hidden, click ‘View’ and tick the ‘Hidden items’ checkbox.)
The Hub log file (info-log.json) can be found here:
- Windows: C:\users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/UnityHub/logs
- Linux: ~/.config/UnityHub/logs
Editor.log can be found here:
- Windows: C:\users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log
- Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Editor.log
- Linux: /.config/unity3d/Editor.log
Package Manager log can be found here:
- Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\upm.log
- Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/upm.log
- Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/upm.log
Sometimes, the Hub log cannot be sent due to the error "json not being supported". If this happens, try renaming the file. eg. add "info" at the beginning to resolve this.
If you would like to find out more about the activation process, see the article ‘How do I activate my license’.
Other related articles: