- I need to install a Unity version in the Hub which is not showing as available in the Installs tab.
- I have a specific Unity version I am working on but I don't know how to add it to the Hub window.
- I can't find the version of Unity I want.
There may be some instances where you are working on an existing project or are returning to a project which began development some time ago. This means that you need to use an older version of the Editor which is not available in the Installs tab of the Hub.
The Installs tab of the Hub window shows the current, officially supported, and recommended releases of the Unity Editor. This also includes the latest version, LTS (Long Term Support) versions & pre-releases (Alpha/Beta).
While it is always advised to use one of the officially supported versions of the Editor, we understand that this is not always possible if you have an older project which cannot be upgraded or may not be compatible with the latest features.
If the version that you are looking for is not listed in the Installs tab within the Hub, you can add it manually by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Unity Download Archive.
- Find the version of the Editor you need from the list and click the green Unity Hub button.
- The Hub opens and displays the Add Unity Version window. To install any additional modules along with the Editor, select them from the list shown and click Install.
- The blue bar indicates the download progress.
- After the Editor is installed, it is available to use for new or existing projects.
Alternatively, if you already have the Editor version saved on your machine, click Locate and find the .exe using the file explorer. This links the Editor version to the Hub.
The default install locations of the Editor are:
- Windows PC -
- Mac -
- Linux -
If you want to change the default install location, you can do so by clicking Preferences (gear icon) in the top left of the Hub window > select Installs in the left side menu, and update the Installs location under Choose a location for editor and Learn installs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.