- I need to install a Unity version to the Hub which is not showing as available in the installs tab.
- I have a specific Unity version I am working with but I don't know how to add it into the Hub window.
- I can't find the version of Unity I want.
There may be some instances where you are working on an existing project or are returning to a project which began development some time ago. This means you need to use an older version of the Editor which is not available in the installs tab of the Hub.
The installs tab of the Hub window will show the current officially supported and recommended releases of the Unity Editor. This also includes the latest version, LTS (Long Term Support) versions & pre-releases (Alpha/Beta).
While it is always advised to use one of the officially supported versions of the Editor, we understand that this is not always possible if you have an older project which cannot be upgraded or may not be compatible with the latest features.
If the version that you are looking for is not listed in the installs tab, you can add it manually by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Unity Download Archive.
- Find the version of the Editor you need from the list and click the green Unity Hub button.
- The Hub will open and display the Add Unity Version window. To install any additional modules along with the Editor, select them from the list shown and click Install.
- The Editor version will now be installed. The blue bar will indicate its progress.
- Once the Editor has been installed, it will be available to use in new and existing projects.
Alternatively, if you already have the Editor version saved on your machine, click Locate to find the .exe using the file explorer and it will be installed from your local drive.
The default install locations of the Editor are:
- Windows PC - C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor
- Mac - /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor
- Linux - ~/Unity/Hub/Editor
If you would like to change the default install location, you can do so by clicking Preferences (gear icon) in the top right of the Hub window and update the Editor Folder Location/Unity Editors Path.