- I am not sure if I can request a refund for my asset.
- Can I get a refund for my Asset Store purchase?
- Why was my refund request declined?
When purchasing from the Unity Asset Store or downloading free packages, all users agree to our Asset Store EULA Terms which include information on the Asset Store refund policy.
Our Asset Store has an automatic refund system (How do I request a refund on an asset?) that helps process refunds when all of the below criteria are met, in most cases:
- The asset is licensed under a single or multi-entity license.
- The request is submitted within 14 days from the order purchase date.
- The product has not been downloaded.
- Purchased by PayPal or credit card.
- The asset is not part of an upgrade path.
When a refund cannot be automatically processed, it may still be granted, pending one of our team members reviewing the request based on the EULA terms permitted refund scenarios. The following are examples and may not include all potential refund scenarios:
- The asset is not as advertised. This could be that something offered in the asset description is missing, or a feature mentioned is not working.
- You have made a duplicate purchase and can provide proof of the previous purchase.
- The asset is not compatible with the most recent LTS Unity version and no information was provided in the asset description to indicate this.
- The asset is removed from the Unity Asset Store within thirty (30) days of purchase.
All submitted refund requests will be investigated by Unity to make sure that your claim fits our refund policy. For this reason, please provide as many details as possible during the refund requesting process within the Asset Store, including:
- The Unity Editor version you are using.
- Steps that we can use to replicate any errors.
- Sufficient details allowing us to fully understand the issue.
- Any communication you’ve had with the publisher. If the issue is related to support, please ask the publisher for support prior to asking for a refund.