- I have accidentally purchased the wrong package on the Asset Store.
- I have purchased an asset that does not work as described on the Asset Store description page.
- I bought an asset I had already purchased by mistake.
- I am not happy with my Asset Store purchase and want a refund.
As of March 2022, Unity has introduced a more streamlined refund process. You can request a refund of your purchase within the Order History section of your Asset Store account.
See below for a detailed guide:
|Important: The below process only applies to refund requests that fall under exceptions described in the Asset Store EULA; otherwise all sales are final and there will be no refund. If you require further support, please contact the asset publisher directly.|
- Click your initials (profile picture) in the top right corner of the page.
- Click Order History.
- Click View Order Details to the right of the order containing the asset you want refunding.
- Click the three vertical dots to the right of the Open in Unity button > click Refund request. Note: the Refund Request option can take up to 30mins after your order is complete to appear.
- A pop-up window appears. If you are not having technical difficulties with the asset in question, click the blue Continue refund process button
- Select a reason for your refund using the drop-down menu, and write a message giving further context to your request. Note: You must provide a reason for your request in the text box of at least 50 characters.
- Click Submit. You now see a pop-up with the message, Your request has been submitted.
Now that your refund request is submitted, you can track the submission status inside the Order Details page of the asset in question.
A refund request has three statuses; Pending, Approved, and Declined. To check the details and status of your request, click the three vertical dots > Refund history.
If your refund request is approved, please allow up to ten days for the funds to return to your original payment method.
If your request is Pending, that means that a Customer Service team member is reviewing your request. After investigation, the request will reach the final status of either Approved or Declined.
Unity will be handling all refund requests according to the Asset Store EULA. Please note that, depending on the situation, Unity may still involve publishers in the final decision.
If you have technical or asset support-related questions, please continue to reach out to the asset publisher directly.
For more information on the different refund statuses, please see the article, 'My refund request is pending. What does this mean?'.