- I want to download the Unity Editor.
- I cannot find where to download Unity.
It is best practice to download the Editor using the Unity Hub. However, it is possible to use the Editor as a standalone program if needed.
In order to use Unity, you must have a Unity ID account. If you don't have one, you can create one at id.unity.com.
Once you have created a Unity ID account, you can download the latest version of the Unity Hub from https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download.
Please follow the below steps to install the Unity Hub and the Editor version of your choice:
- Click on Download Unity Hub.
- Select the .exe file that was downloaded directly from your browser.
- Read the license agreement and click I Agree to continue.
- Select the path where you want to install the software and click on Install.
Important: You must install the Hub on your default hard drive (where your OS is installed).
The Unity Hub is now installed.
Editor installation for Unity Hub 3.0
- Launch the Unity Hub > click the accounts button () > click Sign in.
- Click Installs to the left of the screen.
- Click the blue Install Editor button.
- Click the blue Install button to the right of the Editor version you want to use.
- Select the modules you want to use > click Install to start the installation process.
You can download versions of the Editor not available in the Hub or Editor .exe from the Unity Download Archive.
Once your installation is complete, you need to activate a Unity license. For more information, see the article, 'How do I activate my license?'.