- I want to give a new user access to my Unity Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license.
- I want to install Unity Mars.
- I see the error: serial is not assigned to you, please contact the owner of the organization.. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- My company has purchased a Unity subscription, but I have not received a license key.
Before activating a license, users must be assigned a license seat by the Owner or Manager of the Unity organization.
Every Unity ID has a unique license key. A key is not generated until a seat is assigned to a user, and another Unity user cannot activate the license key.
The resolution differs depending on the screen you're directed to upon purchase.
If you clicked Complete onboarding on the final screen when purchasing or your subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard, click here to jump to your resolution.
To assign a Unity DevOps seat, see the article, How do I invite members to my Unity Version Control System (UVCS) organization?
If your Unity subscription is housed at id.unity.com, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Unity account at id.unity.com.
- Select Organizations on the left side of the screen.
- Select the organization that is linked to the subscription you would like to assign the seats.
- Select Manage (cog icon) to the right of your Unity subscription. (Note: If you cannot find your subscription listed on this page, it may be managed through the new system. If so, click here to jump to your resolution.)
- Select the Manage seats tab.
- Click the box to the left of the user's name(s)/ email address(es).
- Click the blue Assign Seat(s) button.
|Note: Unity Mars subscriptions do not require a license key. Instead, you receive instructions on how to access your product via email.
I clicked Complete onboarding at purchase, or my subscription has been migrated to the Unity Dashboard
To assign a Unity subscription license to a user within your organization, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to cloud.unity.com and sign in using your Unity ID credentials.
- Using the left-hand menu, select Administration.
Using the left-hand menu, select Subscriptions.
- Select Assign seats to the right of the subscription you want to manage.
- Click the box to the left of the user you want to assign the seat to > click Assign seat.
A small pop-up in the bottom right corner indicates that the seat has been successfully assigned. The user receives their license key via email.
|Note: Unity Plus is no longer available to purchase.