- I cannot find where to add my VAT or tax number.
- I am exempt from paying tax but I was charged on a recent purchase.
VAT & tax numbers are given by local tax authorities and allows you to avoid paying consumption taxes from purchases made on any Unity store page.
Important: US tax numbers cannot be added to Organizations. If you are exempt from paying sales tax, you must forward your certification to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making any purchases and await confirmation.
To add a tax number to your account, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Unity ID.
- Click Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Click Manage (cog icon) to the right of the Organization you're purchasing on.
- Click Edit in the right corner of the Organization Details section
- Scroll down and check the box labelled I am exempt from paying consumption tax. You must ensure your address is fully completed for the tax field to appear.
- Enter the tax number into the Tax Number field and click Save.
- If your tax number is accepted, a green dot will appear underneath the input field stating Tax is approved.
If your tax number is incorrect or invalid for cross-border transactions, you will see a large red banner at the top of the page stating TAX Number is invalid.
Once your tax number is approved for your Organization, it will be automatically applied to any orders or payments made on Unity store pages.
very useful information
use and share with other also
Please sign in to leave a comment.