- My company has purchased a Unity Industry subscription, and I want to activate my license.
- My company has upgraded my Unity Pro license to a Unity Industry license. How do I activate it?
- I get errors activating my Unity Industry license. What's wrong?
- How do I return my Unity Industry license activation?
Unity Industry subscriptions support two types of licensing: identity-based & floating. If you don’t have a specific floating license subscription, then your subscription is identity-based. Use the links below to go to the solution for your purchased product.
Unity Industry identity-based license
Standard Unity Industry licenses use a new licensing system to remove the need for serial keys. These license types are known as identity-based licenses.
To activate your Unity Industry license, you must first have a license seat assigned to you by an organization owner. Refer to the article, 'How do I assign a seat to a user', for more information about this process.
After you have a Unity Industry license assigned to your Unity ID account, launch the Unity Hub, and sign in. Your Unity Industry license automatically activates.
To return your Unity Industry activation, log out of the Unity Hub.
To activate your Pixyz Plugin license, Refer to the article, 'How do I activate a Pixyz license?'.
You can access the packages included with your Unity Industry seat through the Unity Package Manager.
If you have any issues or receive errors when attempting to sign in to the Unity Hub, refer to the Troubleshooting section below.
|Note: The above activation process applies only to Unity Editor versions 2019.4.27+ & 2020.2.2 or later. For Unity Editor versions earlier than 2019.4.27 or 2020.1, refer to the article, 'How do I activate my license?'.
Unity Industry floating license
Follow the below procedure to set up your Floating license server for your Unity Industry subscription.
|Note: You must be the organization owner or manager to set up the floating license server.
- Go to id.unity.com and create a Unity ID or sign into your existing account.
- Select Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Select the organization associated with your Unity Industry subscription.
- Select Subscriptions & Services.
- Under Subscriptions, select Unity Industry.
- Select Configure License Server.
- Select the Documentation download icon for your operating system (Windows or Linux).
- Select Download New Server.
- Select the appropriate server for your operating system and download it.
Follow the documentation instructions and follow the prompts from the
setupcommand prompts to configure your server.
- When prompted, select Upload Server Registration and upload the registration file that you created in the previous step.
- After you register the server, select Manage seats.
- Assign a number of seats to the server and select Save.
- Select Download licenses. This action downloads a file containing all the necessary licenses.
- Follow the instructions from the documentation to import the license files into the server.
You can activate Unity licenses on a maximum of two computers at any one time, but no more than this. It might be that you've previously activated a license key on your Unity account. These old activations are preventing you from creating a new one which is why you receive an error.
Because Unity Industry licenses do not require a license key to activate, activating a license key can take up all of your activations at once, resulting in an error.
To resolve the issue, you need to return your old activations by following the steps outlined in the article, 'How do I return the activations on my Pro/ Plus/ Enterprise license?'.