- I've set up my Asset Store publisher profile and want to know how I can be paid.
- I have sales on my publisher account. How do I receive my payout?
Upon setting up a Unity Asset Store publisher profile, a payout profile is not automatically set up. If you haven't already, you will need set one up through your Unity ID.
Since March 2019, Asset Store publishers receive automated payouts for their Asset Store publisher earnings. This is paid either monthly (PayPal payment method) or quarterly (bank transfer payment method).
In order to receive payment from Unity, you must configure a payout profile. Payout profiles are associated with the Unity 'AS Publisher' Organization attached to your account.
Note: You must be the Organization’s Owner to view, create or update its payout profile.
For more information on Organizations and roles, see the Members and Groups section of the Managing your Organization documentation.
Before proceeding, if you haven't already, you must enable Two Factor Authentication (TFA) on your account.
This is an extra security procedure to ensure that your payout details are safe and only the account holder can change them. Our system will not allow you to proceed with adding a payout profile unless you have TFA enabled.
To add TFA to your account follow the instructions outlined in the article - 'How do I enable Two Factor Authentication on my account'.
Once completed, navigate to your Organization’s payout profile:
- Go to the Publisher Portal, select the Payout tab.
- Click the link where it says Please update your payout data here. This will take you to the payout profile of the Organization linked to the publisher account.
- On this page create a new profile by clicking the green + Add profile button.
Once you have enabled TFA on your account/ inputted your TFA code, return to the Payout Profile section of the dashboard.
- Go to Organizations.
- Select your Organization.
- Click Payout Profile.
- Select + Add profile.
- Complete the TFA check to proceed.
This brings you to the page where you can enter your payout profile information.
Here are a few things to keep in mind whilst entering in your information:
- IMPORTANT: If you are based in Denmark, you must select Company and enter your VAT or Business ID number.
- Company Name (Companies only) .
- Tax Number (if you are in Europe this will be your EU VAT ID (European Union Value Added Tax ID). This field is optional, however EU VAT-registered companies must provide an ID.
- Contact Person and their corresponding email address is for companies only.
- Full Name and your corresponding email address for individuals only.
Once completed, click the green Create button to generate your profile.
Your profile information is now saved. You can edit it anytime by clicking Edit (pencil icon) button.
You are now ready to enter your tax information.
Now you've added your payout profile, Unity must collect your relevant tax information in order to withhold taxes where applicable, as required by some tax authorities. You will be required to enter some information including:
- Basic information about yourself.
- Consent to receive information reporting documentation.
- Your overall tax status.
- Your electronic signature and consent to use it.
To validate your tax information, navigate to the Payout Tax Info section of the Payout Profile page, then click the Create button.
You will temporarily leave the Unity ID dashboard to complete your payout tax form. The tax form looks like this:
Please note: You will need to complete the entire web form for the information to be saved. If you exit before the finishing the form, you will have to start the tax document over again.
When finished, click Exit Payout Tax Info to return to the payout profile page. The Payout Tax Info section takes a few minutes to update. When it does, the Tax status changes to Validated.
If you have more questions about the tax form, please see our tax interview FAQ.
Requesting payment as an individual:
If you set your profile as a Private individual, Unity can process payment to yourself, rather than as a company (except in Denmark, where Unity can only process payments if you are set up as a company). To register as a private individual, simply enter your legal name in lieu of a company name. Please be sure that this name also matches the Owner of your Unity Organization.
In general, no taxes are deducted from payments to companies or similar entities. However, if you are a private individual, payments are governed by tax agreements between your country and Denmark. These agreements exist to reduce any possible double taxation and set guidelines for personal taxation rules. Consult your own tax office for further guidance.
Unity will not deduct taxes from your payment. Handling taxes for your revenue is your responsibility.
Value Added Tax (VAT) numbers
The European Union (EU) requires members to have a VAT number. The local legislation in each country specifies when you need to apply for a VAT number. If you do not have one, select “No VAT” or “None” in the corresponding invoice field.
If you have any specific questions regarding tax in Unity, please direct your queries to email@example.com.
Now you've completed your tax profile, you're ready to add your payout method.
Adding a payout method:
Now you've set up your profile, you can add your payout method. This will be the bank account or PayPal address which the money will be sent to.
Currently, Unity only supports PayPal and bank transfers.
To add a payout method, navigate to the Payout Method section of the payout profile page, then click the Edit or + Add payout method button.
On the Add Payout Method page, select an option from the Payout Method drop-down menu.
To set up PayPal deposits, select it from the drop down menu, state the minimum payout amount and your registered PayPal email address.
If you choose bank transfer as a means of payout, you must provide banking details for the account you want to receive payments to. Select Bank transfer from the drop-down menu, then click the Add bank transfer details button.
You will temporarily leave the dashboard to process banking information through our secure partner Worldpay.
The country of your bank dictates the type of transfer (local or international) and type of information Worldpay requests.
Once you have completed the Worldpay form, you will return to the Add Payout Method page.
Note: For bank transfers, the intermediary or the receiving bank may apply charges. If you want to receive the payment in any currency other than USD, there will be conversion fees.
The minimum payout amount for bank transfers is $250 USD.
Finalizing your settings:
When you have finished specifying your payment method and minimum amount, click the Create button to save your selections.
Your Payout Profile is now complete.
You can view records of your Unity Asset Store payouts at any time:
- Log in to the Unity ID portal.
- Click Organizations from the left navigation bar.
- Click the desired Organization from the list.
- Click Transaction History from the left navigation bar submenu.
- Click the Payouts tab.
- Select the date range you wish to query, then click the Apply button to view a list of self-bills.
Making changes to your profile, payout method or tax info
You can edit your information at any time on the Payout Profile page:
- In the Payout Profile section, click the Edit button.
- In the Payout Method section, click the Edit button.
- In the Payout Tax Info section, click the Update button.
Note: Your changes may not affect payouts for the current month. A user needs to make changes by the 28th of the prior month for the changes to be taken in to account for the following month.