- I have not used Unity before and would like to know how to activate my license.
- I would like to activate a Personal, Plus, Pro or Enterprise license but the system is not letting me do it.
- My project is not launching.
- I am having issues with the online activation process.
If you are not able to activate the Unity license online, the system won't let you open the Editor or projects.
Also, it could be possible that you have a network limitation causing an inconvenience with the online activation process.
The best way to activate your license in case the online process is not working will be the manual activation. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Unity Hub.
- Log in to your Unity ID via the account icon in the top right of the window.
3. Click the cog icon in the top right corner of the window.
4. Click License Management to the left of the window.
5. Click the blue MANUAL ACTIVATION button.
6. Click SAVE LICENSE REQUEST and choose where to save the license request file.
7. Click on the link to the manual activation page.
8. On the Manual activation page, click Browse and select the license request file from the location you saved it in step 6, and click Next.
9. Select whether you have a Unity Plus or Pro, or Unity Personal Edition license.
10. If using a Unity Plus or Pro license, enter your serial number and click Next.
If using Unity Personal Edition, select which options applies to you and click Next.
11. Click Download license file. and save the .ulf file on your machine.
12. From within the Hub, click Next to proceed to the Load License section in the Manual Activation window, and then click on the 3 dots to select and load the license file (.ulf) from the location you saved this in the previous step.
13. Select the .ulf license file and click Open.
14. Click Confirm to load the license file.
If you encounter any problems, please reach out to Customer Service detailing the steps taken, including screenshots of any errors you encountered if possible.
If you receive the error 'Your serial number is not valid' you may need to return a previous activations. See the article 'How do I return the activations on my Pro/ Plus/ Enterprise license?'