- I have not used Unity before and would like to know how to activate my license.
- I want to activate a Personal, Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license but the system is not letting me do it.
- My project is not launching.
- I see an error during the online activation process.
If you are not able to activate your Unity license online, the system won't let you open the Editor.
The online activation process can be interrupted by using a closed network or by having a weak/ intermittent internet connection, for example. This can cause errors during the activation process.
If you cannot activate your Unity license online, or you receive errors during the regular activation process, the usual workaround is to activate offline (manual activation).
Manual activation steps for Unity Hub 3.0+
- Open the Unity Hub.
- Click the account icon in the top left of the window to log in to your Unity ID.
- Click Preferences (cog icon) in the top left of the window.
- Click Licenses to the left of the window.
- Click the blue Add button.
- Click Activate with license request.
- Select the Create license request option and save the file in the location you desire.
- Click on the link to the manual activation page.
- On the Manual activation page, click Browse and select the license request file from the location you saved it in step 7 > click Next.
- Select whether you have a Unity Plus or Pro or Unity Personal Edition license.
- If using a Unity Plus or Pro license, enter your serial number and click Next.
- If using Unity Personal Edition, select which option applies to you and click Next.
- Click Download license file and save the .ulf file on your machine.
- Open the Hub, proceed to the Activate with license file section in the How to activate an existing license window and then load the license file (.ulf) from the location you saved this in the previous step by clicking on the folder icon.
- Select the .ulf license file and click Open or Select file.
- Click Activate to load the license file.
Your Unity license is now activated.
If you encounter any problems, please reach out to Customer Service detailing the steps taken, including screenshots of any errors you encountered if possible.
If you receive the error 'Your serial number is not valid' you may need to return a previous activation. See the article 'How do I return the activations on my Pro/ Plus/ Enterprise license?'