- I haven’t used Unity before and want to know how to activate my license.
- I want to manually activate a Plus, Pro, or Enterprise license but the Unity Hub isn’t letting me do it.
- My project isn’t launching.
- I see an error during the online activation process.
If you aren’t able to activate your Unity license online, the Unity Editor won't open.
For example, if your internet connection is interrupted, or if you use a closed network, the online activation will fail.
Unity Personal Plan users:
Manual activation is not available for Unity Personal users. If you need to activate your license offline, a Unity Pro subscription needs to be purchased. See the Unity store page for more information.
Plus, Pro, and Unity Student users:
If you cannot activate your Unity license online, or you receive errors during the regular activation process, the usual workaround is to activate offline (manual activation).
To manually activate your Unity Editor license, follow these steps:
- Launch the Unity Hub.
- Select the account icon in the top left of the window and log in to your Unity ID.
- Select Preferences (cog icon) in the top left of the window.
- Select Licenses in the left menu.
- Click Add.
- Select Activate with license request.
- Select Create license request and save the file to the chosen location on your computer, such as your desktop.
- Click the license.unity3d.com/manual link to open the manual activation page.
- If prompted, log in with your Unity ID.
- On the Manual activation page, click Browse and select the license request file from the location you saved it in step seven.
- Click Next.
- Enter your serial number and click Next.
- Click Download license file and save the .ulf file to your computer.
- Open the Unity Hub’s How to activate an existing license window (Preferences > Licenses > Add > Activate with license file).
- Select the folder icon to open your machine file browser.
- Select the .ulf license file saved in step 13 and click Open or Select file.
- Click Activate.
Your Unity license is now activated.
|Note: Unity Plus is no longer available to purchase.|
If you encounter any problems during the activation process, contact Customer Experience detailing the steps taken, screenshots of any errors you encountered, and the license serial key used, and we will do our best to help.
If you receive the error “Your serial number is not valid”, you might have to return a previous activation.
Refer to the article, How do I return the activations on my Pro/ Plus/ Enterprise license?