- I am thinking about applying to be part of a Sale or Deal on the Asset Store.
- I would like to know how I can increase my chances of being accepted as part of an Asset Store sale.
The Unity Asset Store runs a number sales throughout the year. From specific themes to bundles and 'Madness' sales. These sales can last from 24 hours to a full month.
Sales items receive a large amount of publicity and significant sale numbers.
Each month, Unity selects a number of packages to feature in upcoming Asset Store sales.
We know that most publishers would like their assets to be featured in sales. However, with over 50,000 paid assets on the store, the majority will not be invited to participate.
Publishers do not apply to be part of sales, instead are selected and invited to participate by our Curation Team.
While each sale selection is different, in general, we look for assets which sell well during non-sale periods, have high ratings/ reviews, quality marketing images, a price that isn’t too low, and as broad of an appeal as possible.
To be selected, assets must:
- Be highly rated by users at 4 or 5 stars. Great reviews from genuine customers are a plus.
- Be regularly updated and deliver adequate customer support.
- Have wide appeal. For example, a one-eyed spotted alien reindeer will be surpassed.
- Have great key images. We can not stress enough the value of this. Whether we like it or not, the visual aspect is of significant importance when promoting your asset - both in and out of a sale.