- How do I remove seats from my subscription?
- I have seats that are no longer needed. How do I remove them?
- Someone has left my company, and I would like to remove their seat from my subscription.
You may want to reduce the number of seats you have for your subscription due to members of your team leaving, or changes to your work environment, for example.
Users who have an online subscription plan within a 12-month commitment period cannot reduce the number of seats on their subscription. However, users can choose how their subscription will renew once the 12-month commitment period is over.
The resolution differs depending on the screen you’re directed to upon purchase.
If you clicked Complete onboarding on the final screen when purchasing or your subscription has been migrated to the Unity Cloud Dashboard, click here to jump to your resolution.
To reduce the number of seats on a subscription housed at id.unity.com (to take effect once the subscription renews), see the below steps:
|Note: This solution is for online users only. Users who have purchased licenses via our offline sales team must contact their Unity client partner to discuss.
- Sign in at id.unity.com.
Select Organizations to the left of the screen.
- Select the organization name associated with the subscription you want to manage.
Click Manage (cog icon) next to the subscription. (Note: If you’re unable to find your subscription listed on this page, it may be managed through the Unity Cloud Dashboard. Click here to jump to your resolution.)
- Select the Manage subscription tab.
- Select the Scheduled renew option.
- Under Renewal options, reduce the number of seats tied to that specific subscription using the red minus button (-).
- Click Save.
If you are still in the 12-month commitment period, you only have the option to reduce the seats once the subscription renews. If you have an old ‘flex’ subscription, the seat reduction will be effective in the next billing period.
I clicked Complete Onboarding during purchase/ My subscription has been migrated to the Unity Cloud Dashboard
If your subscription is housed under the Unity Cloud Dashboard and you are the organization Owner, follow the steps below to reduce your seat count upon renewal
- Navigate to cloud.unity3d.com and sign in using your Unity ID credentials.
Select Administration from the left-side menu.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select the Unity subscription you want to manage.
Select Plan management > Configure plan.
Reduce the number of seats using the minus button > choose how you want your subscription to renew by selecting prepaid, or paid monthly. click Confirm and review.
- Your plan configuration has been saved and your subscription renewal options have been updated.
If you are a Unity Enterprise or Unity Industry subscription holder, contact your Client Partner for seat number queries.
Non-Enterprise license holders can contact Support with any queries about their license seats.