- I am trying to log in to my Unity ID but not receiving my Two Factor Authentication (TFA) code.
- I am experiencing a delay in TFA codes, and I don't know why.
- I am unable to retrieve my TFA code as it is going to an old device.
There are several reasons why there could be a delay in receiving your code. Here are some examples.
- Poor cell phone reception.
- Airplane/ do not disturb mode is switched on.
- A text sender and receiver using different networks may have a greater chance of experiencing texting delays than those using the same network because of communication between networks or the carrier prioritizing their traffic.
- Texting during periods of heavy network use impacts text delivery speed. Periods of increased traffic may create congestion on the local network and delay the arrival of messages to the handset.
|Note: For issues with TFA for your Unity Ads Tipalti profile contact Unity Ads Support.
If you do not have access to the device linked to your account or do not receive your SMS TFA code as expected, contact the Customer Experience team.
If you see the error message, 'We have encountered an issue during this login attempt. Please contact Unity Support(email@example.com)', see the article, 'I see the error, 'We have encountered an issue during this login attempt. Please contact Unity Support(firstname.lastname@example.org)'.
We always recommend enabling TFA using an Authenticator app, which has a distinct advantage in terms of security and availability since authenticator apps generate local codes.
Opting for an authenticator app that backs up account information is also a good idea if you lose your phone or it's stolen or broken.
TFA is separate from the Security Notification Codes, sent via email when our system flags a login attempt as risky. More information can be found in the article, 'I have been asked to enter a verification code while trying to log in. Why did I receive this?'.